I have been holed up in Intensive Care this week as tradegy has struck one of Mr M’s beloved family members. It has been a long and tiring week and will continue to be so for awhile to come but as we wait and hope and pray, I have been learning some powerful lessons in gratitude. It’s not until you’re thrust in to a situation like this that advice or quotes seem to resonate with you more than ever before and a sense of gratitude seems to sit with you no matter where you go – that you’re here, not on life support. That Mr M is here, and not on life support. Here is what else I’m grateful for.
- The fact that I can run, skip and walk with two legs that work.
- That I can breathe big full breathes of air, by myself.
- That I can tell Mr Mr every night how lucky we are to have found one another.
- That I can hug my family, kiss my neice, talk to my mum when I need too.
- That I can choose to go outside and sit in the warmth of the sun.
- That I can drive my car and listen to music really loud and sing at the top of my voice
- That I can pick up the phone and call my friends & remind them how much I love them.
But most of all….
That I’m alive.
Tell me, what are you grateful for?