I started this blog 8 months ago when actually looking in to marketing possibilities for my dating website Possibly Maybe – I had always heard of blogs, and had my few favourite I’d pop by daily for bursts of inspiration, but never had I realised until looking in to blogs, the true extent of the blogging community, and more so, the amazing connections you develop with other bloggers and readers. What started out as some business investigation led me in fact to a new passion for a space I could go where I could share life’s excitement and inspiration – yes I’m aware journals are also for that, but life’s about sharing right? I learned recently that Cote’ Writes had awarded Lifes Shiny Pretty Things with the Kathryn Ingrid Creativity Award which I was extremely grateful for. Jennifer from Cote’ Writes is an incredibly gifted American gal who writes like no other and I adore visiting her blog daily for her always inspiring musings. You never expect your posts to be read by anyone but when you do get comments from lovely readers you realise what a privledge it is to be part of other people’s lives through sharing experiences.
In honour of the award I want to keep Jennifer’s tradition going of sharing with you some facts about myself that I haven’t let you in on before….
1. I am still completley scared of the dark
2. I hold a uni degree with a double major in Human Resources & Management
3. Mum was told by 2 scans when she was pregnant with me that I was a boy (she already had 3 boys – my brothers) and my name was to be Steven Isaac, when I was born she screamed so loud from excitement I was a girl they called extra Doctors to the ward thinking something was wrong (See I was always destined for excitement & drama!)
4. My last name was changed by my father 4 times and my now last name is made up from a Cult back in the 70’s (yeahhh so his kinda crazy)
5. Up until I was 23, I had never been to a wedding (I’ve since been to 3 & have another 3 this year)
6. Popcorn & Fireworks are 2 of my favourite things.
7. Mr M is the first ‘boy’ I’ve ever said I love you too
8. I hate cake or pretty much anything sweet (except plain ice cream or plain chocolate)
9. I can’t watch Scary Movies and will even have to leave a room with my eyes shut & hands over my ears if a scary movie trailer is on tv.
10. When I was 4 I went through an attempted abduction. The man got me in to his car from our front lawn but I got out & ran home.
11. I’ve grown up half my life in Victoria and half my life in Western Australia.
12. I will avoid at all costs getting wrinkled hands or feet when emersed in water too long – I hate the feeling.
13. I almost seriously drowned when I was 6 but mum saved me just before it went from terrible to nightmarishly bad.
14. I can’t go to sleep with doors or cupboards open in the bedroom.
15. My sister and I have moles in the exact same spots (one in our ear, and one in the crease of the elbow on both arms).
So there they are – a few fun facts that I hope you enjoyed. Stay tuned because I’ll be sharing with you the blogs which I love in the next few days.